Apple, Carrot, Ginger, and Fennel Soup
Apples contain cell protective plant chemicals called flavonoids, which act as antioxidants by scavenging free radicals that are destructive to your genes and by supporting normal inflammation control.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger Minced
- 1 cup Onion Diced
- 1 cup Fennel Chopped
- 3 lbs Carrots Diced
- 1 cup Apple Diced
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 7 cups Vegetable Broth Low sodium
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and fennel and sauté until golden.
- Add carrot, cumin, cinnamon, allspice and sauté until well combined.
- Pour in 1 cup of broth and reduce by half.
- Add the remaining 6 cups of broth and cook until carrots are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Add orange juice, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
- Tip: If a smoother consistency is desired, pulse cooked soup in a blender before serving.
Total Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 9g