Asian Flavored Spring Chicken Salad
Asian-inspired Spring salad with chicken as an added protein source!
- Salad The recipe for the salad is below:
- 5 Oz Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 5 Oz Carrots Shredded
- 5 Oz Red Peppers Thinly Sliced
- 1 Lb Snow Peas Washed, Clipped
- 1 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 lb Chicken Grilled or Baked; Cut into Strips
- Dressing The recipe for the dressing is below:
- 6 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Rice Wine Or Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Oz Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Tsp Dry Ginger
- Dressing preparation: In a blender, combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Blend well.
- Marinate chicken in ½ of the dressing.
- Discard used marinade from chicken to prevent cross-contamination.
- Put all salad ingredients in a bowl, add chicken and toss with the remaining dressing.
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 22g
Dietary Fiber: 2g