Balsamic and Rosemary Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Roots
A savory, filling dish.
Takes . Serves 6.
- 1 1/2 lbs Rainbow carrots cut lengthwise
- 1 bulb Fennel cut into 6ths
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander seed
- 1/8 teaspoon Cumin seed
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 bulb Garlic peeled
- 2 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 2 tenderloins Pork
- Heat a roasting pan in a 425F oven for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil along with the carrots, fennel, and seeds. Season with salt and roast for 30 minutes without stirring.
- In a blender, puree 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic cloves, and fresh rosemary until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy saute pan and spray with vegetable oil. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper. Brown pork on all sides in saute pan - 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and coat with balsamic puree.
- Stir vegetables in roasting pan. Place pork into pan, reduce heat to 350F and roast for 15-20 minutes or until pork is done.
- Slice pork tenderloin and serve with roasted roots.
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Vitamin C: 13%