Chocolate Chip Puffs
These Chocolate Chip Puffs are a fun treat, created specially by Chef Ron DeSantis for Valentine's Day - but enjoyable any day!
Takes . Serves 10+.
- 4 each Egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F, no convection.
- Beat egg whites and salt on high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. While beating, slowly pour sugar into egg whites. Add vanilla extract and continue to beat until very stiff, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sift cocoa powder into egg whites and fold in using a whisk.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in using a rubber spatula.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture onto parchment paper. Makes 35 cookies.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Cookies will be dry and soft. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack. Store at room temperature covered with waxed paper.
Total Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 1g