A healthy version of a steakhouse classic. The texture of the dish creates a favorable mouth feel.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot Minced
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Low Fat Milk
- 10 oz Boxed Frozen Spinach 2 Boxes; Thawed; Drained
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1/4 cup Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- Heat oil in large sauté pan and cook shallot and garlic until softened. About 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook until golden brown.
- Whisk in milk and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Turn heat to low and stir in both cheeses until all are incorporated.
- Gently fold in spinach and heat until warmed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 3.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 15g
Dietary Fiber: 4g