Crock Pot Pulled Pork for Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes
This easy pork recipe will allow you to start the dinner at the beginning of the day. With a little effort in the evening preparing the baked sweet potatoes & yams and a side salad, your meal is complete.
Leave out the vinegar if desired.
- 1 lb Pork Shoulder Boneless; Trimmed of fat
- 1 cup Chicken Stock Low sodium
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion Diced
- 6 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Cider Vinegar Optional
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Ground; As needed
- Salt To taste
- Place all ingredients in crock-pot, cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
- Remove pork and let cool for 20 minutes. Strain the liquid and let the fat rise to the surface. Skim the fat off with a ladle and discard.
- With two meat forks, gently pull the pork meat apart and reserve. Moisten the meat with the liquid as needed. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to your taste. Reserve.
- Optional: Use pork to fill baked potatoes/yams from the Baked Sweet Potatoes & Yams Recipe.