Curry Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower soup is a perfect side dish for just about any dinner, and this recipe adds a new twist with a bit of curry powder!
- 1 Cauliflower Head Cut into florets
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Yellow Onion Finely Diced
- 1 Carrot Peeled; Diced
- 1 cup Celery Finely Diced
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth Low sodium
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon of salt and spread it in an even layer on the prepared pan.
- Bake until the cauliflower is tender; ~ 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and pinch of salt and sauté until translucent; ~ 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery and 1/8 teaspoon salt and sauté until the vegetables begin to brown; ~ 12 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and 1⁄4 teaspoons of salt and stir until the spices have coated the vegetables.
- Pour in 1⁄2 cup broth to deglaze the pan and cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Remove from the heat.
- Pour 3 cups of the remaining broth into a blender, then add half of the sauteed vegetables and roasted cauliflower.
- Blend until smooth.
- Then pour the mixture into a soup pot and repeat the process with the remaining broth and remaining vegetables and cauliflower.
- For a thinner consistency, add another cup of broth.
- Gently reheat the soup over low heat.
Total Fat: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 3.5g