Baking these, rather then frying, creates a much more healthful dish. Garnish with raita in a pita to quell those middle eastern cravings.
- 1 cup Chickpeas Dried
- 1 cup Parsley Chopped
- 1/2 Small Onion Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder Low Sodium
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Place chickpeas in large bowl and cover with at least 3 inches of water.
- Allow to sit overnight. Chickpeas will swell. Drain peas and place in a food processor.
- Add in onion, parsley, and garlic. Pulse mixture. You don’t want it chunky, but definitely want texture. Add oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, baking powder, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Pulse to combine.
- Roll mixture into 12 balls. Flatten balls into flat disks, about 1⁄2 inch thick.
- Refrigerate disks for 2 hours. Spread remaining olive oil on a baking sheet. Place disks on sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 9g