Warm lentil soup with a seaweed twist!
- 2 Sheets Nori Seaweed Cut into bite size strips
- 1 White Onion Large; Chopped
- 4 Carrots Washed; Peeled; Chopped
- 3 Parsnips Peeled; Chopped
- 3 Celery Stalks Diced
- 3 Cups Lentils Washed
- 1 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 6 Scallions Diced
- Ground Pepper To taste
- In a large (8-quart) stock pot, layer the onions, carrots, parsnips, celery and lentils. Add the Nori seaweed on top. Add enough water to cover the lentils and vegetables by 3 inches.
- Bring water to boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Season with parsley and ground pepper to taste. Stir and simmer for another 10 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Garnish with scallions when serving.
Total Fat: 1g
Saturated Fat: .20g
Total Carbohydrate: 66g
Dietary Fiber: 25g