New England Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
This hearty soup is delicious, healthy, and a little bit sweet!
- 2 Cortland Apples Peeled; Cored; Diced
- 1 Sweet Potato Peeled; Cut into small cubes
- 1 White Onion Small; Peeled; Diced
- 1 Carrot Small; Peeled; Diced
- 1 Celery Stalk Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove Smashed
- 1 Thyme Spring
- 1 Parsley Stem
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock Low sodium; Can replace with water
- 4 drops Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- Add oil to medium size pot and place over medium heat.
- Add the onions, heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots. Reduce heat to low and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir to combine.
- Add sweet potato and apples.
- Add thyme, parsley and bay leaf.
- Add vegetables stock OR water.
- Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Lower heat to simmer for 25 minutes. Then remove sprig, stem and bay leaf.
- Adjust seasoning as needed and serve warm.
- Tip: If a smoother consistency is desired, place finished soup in a blender and blend until smooth.
Total Fat: 7g
Total Carbohydrate: 23g
Dietary Fiber: 7g