A filling, creamy rice side dish.
- 2 Tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 3.5 Cups Vegetable Broth Low sodium
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1.5 Cups Aborio Rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Chopped
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Cook onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Bring broth to a simmer in a separate pot, keep warm.
- Add rice to pot with the onion mixture. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until grains become translucent.
- Add in wine and stir. Bring to a simmer allowing liquid to be absorbed.
- Ladle in warm broth, ½ cup at a time, allowing rice to absorb liquid before adding more. Keep liquid at a simmer and stir risotto often.
- Risotto should be done after about 30 minutes. Rice should be cooked through but firm.
- Stir in cheese and parsley until achieving a creamy consistency.
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 63g
Dietary Fiber: 4g