Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Celery Diced
- 1/4 Cup Carrots Diced
- 1 Cinnamon Stick OR 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander Optional
- 1.5 Cups Roasted Pumpkin Pureed
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce Low sodium
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger Minced Finely
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Optional
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add the onion, celery, carrot, ginger and cinnamon. Sautee until soft (but not brown), about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and coriander and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for several minutes.
- Stir in the pureed pumpkin until smooth.
- Simmer gently to let the flavors meld, about 10 minutes.
- If using a cinnamon stick, remove from soup and discard.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add half and half, coconut milk and soy sauce and stir until completely incorporated. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- For the garnish, top with Greek yogurt and roasted pumpkin seeds.
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 9.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 17g
Dietary Fiber: 4g