Shrimp Stir Fry with Vegetables & Quinoa
This shrimp stir fry is high in protein and makes a great dinner for the whole family. And what a great variety of flavors!
Takes . Serves 4.
- Below are the ingredients for Stir Fry Vegetables
- 3 oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 oz Carrots Bias sliced
- 8 oz Assorted Vegetables Peppers, Onions, Bokchoy, Garlic
- 2 oz Stir Fry Sauce Added at the end of the cooking process
- Below is the recipe for Mixed Quinoa Pilaf
- 1/2 cup White and Red Quinoa
- 2 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 cup White Onion Finely Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Finely Minced
- 1 Small Bouquet Garni Thyme, Bay Leaf, Parsley, Oregano
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken and/or Vegetable Stock Low sodium
- Below are the ingredients for Wild Caught Shrimp Stir Fry
- 12 oz Raw, Wild USA Shrimp Peeled; Deveined; Tail Off
- 1/2 cup Stir Fry Sauce/Marinade
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Mixed Quinoa Pilaf
- In a small (2 qt) sauce pot, add the following: virgin olive oil, unsalted butter, white onion and garlic cloves.
- Over low heat, gently “sweat” everything for approximately 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add mixed quinoa and stir well.
- Add stock.
- Add bouquet garni.
- Add 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 tsp celery salt.
- Gently bring to simmer, then lower to the lowest level. Cook approximately 35-45 minutes.
- When cooked, fluff with a fork.
- Wild Caught Shrimp Stir Fry
- Drain, pat, dry and marinate the shrimp.
- Slice all vegetables in bias cut, set aside and slice scallions/green onions for garnish/reserve.
- When quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork.
- Heat sauté pan or small wok.
- Add peanut oil and sesame oil to almost smoking point.
- Add all sliced vegetables to hot wok/pan – stirring from time to time and allow caramelization.
- In another pan, start shrimp. Quickly!
- Serve with a rice or quinoa base.
- As shrimp is cooking, place stir fry veggies over quinoa.
- Quickly, add stir fry shrimp on top of vegetables.
- Pour remaining sauce from the pan over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions.
Total Fat: 35g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 4g