Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
This spiced soup is great for a chilly autumn day!
- 3 lbs Sweet Potato Peeled; Diced into 1” cubes
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground All Spice
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg Freshly Grated
- 6-8 cups Vegetable Broth Low sodium
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil until the are evenly coated.
- In a small bowl combine ¼ teaspoon of the salt with the cinnamon, allspice, cardamom and nutmeg and stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the potatoes and toss again until evenly coated.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared pan and roast for 40 minutes, until tender.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the broth into a blender, add one third of the roasted potatoes and blend until smooth, adding more liquid as needed.
- Transfer to a soup pot over low heat and repeat the process two more times. Stir in any remaining broth along with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, before serving.
Total Fat: 4.8g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 50g
Dietary Fiber: 7.6g