Stir-Fried Cabbage with Red Peppers, Peanuts and Peas
A healthy but savory blend fit for any level cook!
Takes . Serves 5.
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 3 dried Red Chilies
- 2 cups Toasted Unsalted Peanuts
- 1 3 1/2 lb Head of Cabbage Cored and finely chopped
- 2 Red Peppers Seeded and finely chopped (pea sized pieces)
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- Heat the canola oil with the cumin seeds, turmeric and chilies in a large pot or wok over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the chilies become smoky, about 3 minutes. Add the peanuts and cook for 2 minutes, to brown them slightly and heat them up.
- Add half of the cabbage and all of the red pepper and peas and stir to combine with the spices.
When the cabbage begins to wilt (couple of minutes), stir in the remaining cabbage.
- Cook, stirring often, until the volume has reduced by 1/3 and the cabbage looks very browned, about 15 to 30 minutes (depending on your pot or wok).
- Mix in the salt and serve warm or at room temperature.
Total Fat: 40g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 42g
Dietary Fiber: 16g