Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
A sweet twist on the classic enchilada.
- 15 Oz Tomato Sauce Low sodium
- 8 Oz Chopped Green Chilies
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 Chipotle in Adobo Sauce Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Red Pepper Diced
- 1 Jalapeno Deseeded; Minced
- 2 Sweet Potatoes Roasted
- 15 Oz Black Beans Rinsed; Drained
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded; Low sodium
- 12 Corn Tortillas 6-inch
- Tip: Omit any or all of the spicy peppers for a milder, sweeter flavor.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place tomato sauce, green chilies, 2 cloves of garlic, water, chipotle, 2 tablespoons chili powder, oregano, sugar, and cumin in a blender and process until completely smooth. Place mixture in saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in sauté pan. Cook onions and red pepper until soft, about ten minutes. Add in remaining clove of garlic and jalapeno. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in black beans and 1 tablespoon chili powder. Remove from heat. Scrape roasted sweet potatoes from their skins and add to pan. Stir to mix. Add in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and incorporate.
- Dip one tortilla into enchilada sauce, shaking off any excess. Place 1/12 of filling into corn tortilla and roll. Place in baking pan seam side down. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 8.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 69g
Dietary Fiber: 12g