Swiss Chard Frittata
Yum - this frittata recipe is perfect as a healthy breakfast or delicious side dish!
- 3 lbs Raw Swiss Chard Yields ~1 lb
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Onion Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 12 Eggs Large
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Wash Swiss chard, and remove stems. Cut stems into pieces that will fit into pot. Cook the stems in boiling water until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Rough chop Swiss chard leaves, and add to the boiling water. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Drain cooked Swiss chard, and cool under cold running water.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick oven proof skillet. Add onions and garlic, then sautee until soft.
- Add chopped cooked Swiss chard and sautee to heat through.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add salt, pepper and grated cheese. Mix with a fork until eggs are well blended.
- Pour eggs over Swiss chard mixture, and stir to incorporate.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
- When finished, remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Total Fat: 22g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrate: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 2g