A vegetable side dish with a little tang.
- 1 Slice Bacon Diced
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1 Tsp Fresh Garlic Chopped
- 2 Oz Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Bunch Swiss Chard About 8 oz
- 2 Tbsp White Wine
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
- In a saute pan over medium heat add bacon, while stirring occasionally saute bacon until golden brown.
- Add ginger, garlic and onions and continue to saute until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard and continue to cook. When chard begins to wilt add vinegar and wine and continue to cook until Swiss chard has become tender. Remove pan from heat.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately.
Total Fat: 3.4g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 1g