White Kidney Bean Soup
A healthy soup with fresh ingredients.
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Large Carrot, Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 1/4 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Small Red Potatoes, Diced
- 8 Oz White Kidney Beans Canned, Unsalted
- 1/2 Cup Canned Tomatoes, unsalted, Diced
- 1 Quart Chicken Stock OR Vegetable if preferred
- 1 Tsp Montreal Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Spinach, Chopped
- In a stock pot over medium heat add olive oil, carrots, celery, onions and potatoes. Sauté until onions are translucent - about 4 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, seasoning and stock. Bring soup to a simmer and continue to cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In 4 soup bowls, divide the chopped spinach and ladle soup into each bowl. Mix the soup gently until spinach has wilted and serve immediately.
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 0.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 4g