Beef Kabob with Marinade
One night a week for the past year, I worked for Dan and Roberta. Roberta is a recovering cancer patient. This is one of her favorite dishes. It has such a fresh zesty flavor with the citrus in the marinade.
- Below are the ingredients for the Beef Kabobs
- Metal Skewers
- 1 lb Beef Tenderloin Cut into 8 pieces
- 4 oz Red Pepper Cut into 8 pieces
- 4 oz Yellow Pepper Cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 oz Red Onion Cut into 8 pieces
- 4 oz Crimini Mushroom Cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- Below are the ingredients for the Marinade
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 each Orange Juice and Zest
- 1/2 each Lemon Juice and Zest
- 1 tbsp Parsley Chopped
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- On a metal skewer place the crimini mushroom and slide to the end of the skew.
- Add red pepper, yellow pepper and red onion onto the skew and slide to the mushroom.
- Add first piece of tenderloin and slide the beef up to meet the vegetables.
- Add second red pepper, yellow pepper and red onion onto the skew and slide to the beef.
- Add second piece of tenderloin and slide the beef up to meet the vegetables.
- Repeat this process 3 times to assemble all four kabobs
- Sprinkle rosemary and season evenly over all four kabobs.
- Reserve half of the marinade to spoon over when plating finished kabob.
- Brush half of marinade over kabob during grilling.
- On a hot oiled grill place kabobs, cook until seared and then turn over about 4 minutes per side until desired internal temperature is met.
- Remove and serve over 1⁄2 cup of brown rice.
Total Fat: 32g
Saturated Fat: 11g
Total Carbohydrate: 37g
Dietary Fiber: 4g