Bucatini with Butternut Squash and Winter Pesto
A flavorful and filling pasta dish that is sure to please!
Takes . Serves 8.
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs Butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb Leeks, sliced
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 2 cups Baby kale
- 2 cups Baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup Fresh mint
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb Bucatini pasta
- Heat 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a skillet or cast iron pan. Add cubed butternut squash and leeks. Cook over medium heat until squash is browned and soft, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In a food processor puree the baby kale, baby spinach, Italian parsley, garlic, 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil and the lemon juice. When well-pureed, add the Parmesan cheese and season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Boil pasta in a medium sauce pan according to package directions. Before draining, save some cooking water.
- Toss cooked pasta with butternut squash-leek mixture and the pesto. Add some of the cooking water to moisten the pasta. Serve hot and enjoy!
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 66g
Dietary Fiber: 7g