Cannellini Bean and Butternut Soup with Lemon Zest
A warming and smooth soup.
Takes . Serves 6.
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups Butternut squash small dice
- 1 can Cannellini bean with juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon zest
- Saute onion in extra virgin olive oil using a medium size soup pot for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and butternut squash. Bring to a simmer.
- Puree 1/2 of the cannellini beans and add to soup, along with whole cannellini beans. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and lemon zest. Season with salt an pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 29g
Dietary Fiber: 7g
Vitamin C: 26%