Pan Roasted Root Vegetables with Maple Glaze
Add these veggies to any meal for a delicious, healthy side dish that's perfect for fall.
- 8 oz Fresh Carrots
- 8 oz Fresh Turnips
- 8 oz Fresh Parsnips
- 8 oz Pearl Onions
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Stock Low Sodium
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Salt As Needed
- Pepper As Needed
- Wash vegetables thoroughly.
- Peel carrots, parsnips, turnips, and pearl onions. Then cut carrots, parsnips, and turnips into bite sized pieces. Leave pearl onions whole.
- Heat the olive oil In a large saute pan. Add all of the vegetables, and saute until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add the chicken stock and place into a 325 degree oven. Cook until tender. Chicken stock should nearly evaporate. If it has not reduce on top of stove until nearly all the chicken stock is evaporated.
- When vegetables are tender, remove from the oven. Add the 2 tablespoons of butter as well as the maple syrup.
- Mix well to coat all of the vegetables. Season with salt and ground pepper.
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Carbohydrate: 26g
Dietary Fiber: 4g