Pesto Whipped Cauliflower & Potatoes
A delicious and healthy cauliflower and potato dish.
Takes . Serves 4.
- 3 cups Fresh Cauliflower Cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Pesto
- 4 tbsp Instant Potato Mix
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: 2-3 Leaves Fresh Basil, chopped, for a more intense flavor
- In a small pot bring water to a boil over high heat. Add cauliflower and cook until very soft about 20 minutes. Strain cauliflower in a colander and hold.
- Place the pot back on the heat and add half and half, butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, and pesto (and fresh basil leaves, if using).
- Bring mixture to a boil, add the cauliflower back to pot and remove from heat.
- With a potato masher, mash the cauliflower. Add the instant potatoes to thicken mixture to the desired consistency.
- Remove to serving bowl and garnish with freshly grated parmesan.
The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center is a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center with a multisite presence. Its three campuses give the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center a broad geographic reach, enabling it to serve diverse patient populations around the world.