Roasted Eggplant Dip
Try this dip at your next gathering - it's nutritious, delicious, and goes great with pita bread & vegetables!
- 3 lbs Purple Eggplant
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Greshly Ground Pepper
- 2 tbsp Garlic Pureed
- Wash and dry eggplant.
- Place whole eggplant on a char grill or in a 350 degree oven and roast until tender and soft inside.
- Remove eggplant from grill, or oven, and allow to cool enough so they can be handled. Cut eggplant in half and scoop the soft eggplant out of skin and into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whip with a wire whip until all ingredients are blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve at room temperature with pita bread or raw vegetables.
Total Fat: 3.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 3g