Roasted Salmon with Warm Lentil Salad
This hearty dish, which serves six, is a particularly great option when having guests. Try it with roasted brussel sprouts for a full meal.
- 1 Onion Small; Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 6, 4 oz Salmon Fillets
- 1 lb Dried Lentils
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Kosher Salt To taste
- Ground Pepper To taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dried lentils in a large pot. Add water to cover, along with onion, 1 garlic clove, bay leaf, kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook lentils until tender.
- Combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add warm lentils to bowl, along with parsley and thyme. Gently toss to combine.
- Arrange salmon fillets evenly in a baking pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 10-12 minutes. Salmon should be just firm. Be careful not to overcook.
- Spoon lentil salad onto plates and place roasted salmon directly on top.
Total Fat: 20g
Saturated Fat: 3.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 46g
Dietary Fiber: 11g