Grilled Pesto Chicken Piccata with Braised Zucchini & Fresh Thyme
A fresh, lively meal great for Autumn, or any season.
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, pre-sliced sliced thin, uncooked
- 1 Oil / Cooking Spray PAM or similar
- 1/4 tsp Salt kosher
- 1 3/4 Tbsp Pesto sauce ready-to-serve
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Medium zucchini thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can Cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 4 to 5 Fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 Tbsp capers drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon plus additional wedges to serve
- 2 Tbsp Fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Spray thinly sliced chicken breast (presliced in supermarket poultry section) with 1 second burst on each side of oil or cooking spray.
Season 1 side with kosher salt.
Spread 1 teaspoon pesto on each slice of chicken breast.
Place chicken on very hot, preheated grill pesto side up.
Grill for 2-3 minutes.
Turn over – and note that the grill WILL flare up!
Finally, grill for 1-2 minutes on pesto side.
Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Heat a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with olive oil. Add the zucchini and allow to cook until just golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the garlic, beans, thyme, and capers and cook another minute or so until the garlic is aromatic. Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth and season again with salt and pepper.
Bring the mixture to a simmer, allow to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until the zucchini is very tender and beans are warmed. Remove the thyme sprigs.
Stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Serve with the grilled pesto chicken.
- Calories from Fat:
- Total Fat:
- Trans Fat:
- Saturated Fat:
- Total Carbohydrate:
- Dietary Fiber: