Marinated Roasted Tofu with a Vietnamese Slaw
This can also be made a sandwich with fresh baked, warm French baguette.
- 2 Lbs Firm Tofu Cut each pound block into 6 slices
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Ginger Chopped
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Tamari Soy Sauce Wheat free; Reduced sodium
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Carrots Sliced thin
- 3/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Nuoc Nam Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Garlic Chopped
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Bunch Fresh Scallions Sliced thin
- 1 Bunch Fresh Mint Leaves No stems
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro Leaves
Mix ginger, orange juice, Tamari Soy sauce, and water together.
Immerse sliced tofu into marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
If the marinade does not cover the tofu, add a little more water.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lay tofu on a Parchment paper lined roasting sheet pan and drizzle some of the marinade over the tofu.
Note: Parchment paper will help prevent tofu from sticking to the pan. If no parchment paper, spray pan with olive oil spray.
Place Tofu in the oven and roast until golden brown. Approx 35 minutes.
Vietnamese Carrot Slaw:
Combine carrots, apple cider vinegar, fish sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, and water in a sauce pan.
Bring the above mixture to a boil for 4 minutes while stirring.
Remove from the heat and place in a container. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Once the mixture has cooled down, add the remaining ingredients and refrigerate overnight.
Shingle the warm tofu on a plate.
With a fork or a pair of tongs place a generous amount of Vietnamese slaw on the tofu.