New England Sweet Potato & Apple Soup
This hearty soup is delicious, healthy, and a little bit sweet!
- 2 Cortland Apples Peeled; Cored; Diced
- 1 Sweet Potato Peeled; Cut into small cubes
- 1 White Onion Small; Peeled; Diced
- 1 Carrot Small; Peeled; Diced
- 1 Celery Stalk Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove Smashed
- 1 Thyme Spring
- 1 Parsley Stem
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock Low sodium; Can replace with water
- 4 drops Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
Add oil to medium size pot and place over medium heat.
Add the onions, heat for 3 minutes.
Add the celery and carrots. Reduce heat to low and cook for 6 minutes.
Add garlic, stir to combine.
Add sweet potato and apples.
Add thyme, parsley and bay leaf.
Add vegetables stock OR water.
Increase heat and bring to boil.
Lower heat to simmer for 25 minutes. Then remove sprig, stem and bay leaf.
Adjust seasoning as needed and serve warm.
Tip: If a smoother consistency is desired, place finished soup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Total Fat:
- Total Carbohydrate:
- Dietary Fiber: