Orange Quinoa Salad
This citrus salad is light, lovely and so delicious! Eat now or refrigerate for a few days to enjoy later as the flavors intensify.
Serve this with a sautéed chicken breast or filet of fish to turn it into a quick entrée.
- Ingredients for the Dressing
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/4 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Ingredients for the Salad
- 1 cup Uncooked Quinoa Pre-washed
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Green Onions Thinly sliced; Including green tops
- 1/2 cup Dried Cherries Or craisins
- 1/4 cup Almonds Sliced; Toasted
- 15 oz Mandarin Orange Slices Packed in juice; Drained
Place quinoa in a large nonstick skillet; toast 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Combine quinoa and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Stir in dressing and remaining ingredients and cover.
To prepare dressing: Combine first five ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Total Fat:
- Saturated Fat:
- Total Carbohydrate:
- Dietary Fiber: