Orzo with Tomato Vinaigrette
Filling and healthy, this recipe is an excellent dinner dish for guests, family, or leftovers.
- 1/2 lb Orzo Pasta Whole wheat, if available
- 1/2 lb Cherry Tomatoes 1 Pint
- 1/4 cup Packed Basil Leaves Torn
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper Or to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
Prepare orzo pasta per package directions, drain and rinse.
While pasta is boiling, cook tomatoes in a dry pan over medium-high heat until charred.
Grate the parmesan cheese.
Place basil, vinegar, oil, agave nectar, salt and pepper in a blender and pulse several times. Add charred tomatoes and blend until smooth.
Combine tomato mixture with orzo pasta, add parmesan cheese and serve warm.