Shredded Carrot and Beet Salad
Created by Rebecca Katz
(Adapted from The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery. Copyright © 2009 by Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson, Ten Speed Press, a division of the Crown Publishing Group, Berkeley, CA)
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger Minced
- 1 cup Cooked Beets Peeled; Shredded
- 1 cup Carrots Peeled; Shredded
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint Chopped
Peel beets and steam for 6-8 minutes .
Cool and then shred.
Whisk the orange juice, olive oil and ginger together until combined.
Put the carrots and beets in a mixing bowl, toss with dressing.
Top with fresh mint.
- Total Fat:
- Total Carbohydrate:
- Dietary Fiber: