Shrimp Stir Fry with Vegetables & Quinoa
This shrimp stir fry is high in protein and makes a great dinner for the whole family. And what a great variety of flavors!
- Below are the ingredients for Stir Fry Vegetables
- 3 oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 oz Carrots Bias sliced
- 8 oz Assorted Vegetables Peppers, Onions, Bokchoy, Garlic
- 2 oz Stir Fry Sauce Added at the end of the cooking process
- Below is the recipe for Mixed Quinoa Pilaf
- 1/2 cup White and Red Quinoa
- 2 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 cup White Onion Finely Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Finely Minced
- 1 Small Bouquet Garni Thyme, Bay Leaf, Parsley, Oregano
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken and/or Vegetable Stock Low sodium
- Below are the ingredients for Wild Caught Shrimp Stir Fry
- 12 oz Raw, Wild USA Shrimp Peeled; Deveined; Tail Off
- 1/2 cup Stir Fry Sauce/Marinade
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
Mixed Quinoa Pilaf
In a small (2 qt) sauce pot, add the following: virgin olive oil, unsalted butter, white onion and garlic cloves.
Over low heat, gently “sweat” everything for approximately 10 minutes, until translucent.
Add mixed quinoa and stir well.
Add bouquet garni.
Add 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 tsp celery salt.
Gently bring to simmer, then lower to the lowest level. Cook approximately 35-45 minutes.
When cooked, fluff with a fork.
Wild Caught Shrimp Stir Fry
Drain, pat, dry and marinate the shrimp.
Slice all vegetables in bias cut, set aside and slice scallions/green onions for garnish/reserve.
When quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork.
Heat sauté pan or small wok.
Add peanut oil and sesame oil to almost smoking point.
Add all sliced vegetables to hot wok/pan – stirring from time to time and allow caramelization.
In another pan, start shrimp. Quickly!
Serve with a rice or quinoa base.
As shrimp is cooking, place stir fry veggies over quinoa.
Quickly, add stir fry shrimp on top of vegetables.
Pour remaining sauce from the pan over shrimp.
Sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Total Fat:
- Saturated Fat:
- Total Carbohydrate:
- Dietary Fiber: