White Kidney Bean Soup
Prepare a nourishing and rustic comfort food. This dish has plenty of fresh ingredients with a kick from Montreal seasoning.
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Large Carrot, Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 1/4 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Small Red Potatoes, Diced
- 8 Oz White Kidney Beans Canned, Unsalted
- 1/2 Cup Canned Tomatoes, unsalted, Diced
- 1 Quart Chicken Stock OR Vegetable if preferred
- 1 Tsp Montreal Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Spinach, Chopped
In a stock pot over medium heat add olive oil, carrots, celery, onions and potatoes. Sauté until onions are translucent – about 4 minutes.
Add beans, tomatoes, seasoning and stock. Bring soup to a simmer and continue to cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
In 4 soup bowls, divide the chopped spinach and ladle soup into each bowl. Mix the soup gently until spinach has wilted and serve immediately.
- Total Fat:
- Saturated Fat:
- Total Carbohydrate:
- Dietary Fiber: