Curry Squash Soup with Poblano Peppers & Kale
Takes . Serves 6.
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 7 sprigs sage chopped
- 2 shallots peeled
- 1 oz garlic chopped
- 4 oz poblano peppers chopped
- ½ medium curry squash peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 Tb red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 qt low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 cup kale washed and chopped
- 1 small whole wheat baguette
- Heat olive oil in a gallon soup pot. Add sage, shallots, garlic and poblano peppers. Cook herbs and vegetables until caramelized.
- Add in curry squash and red curry paste.
- Add in vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper. When mixture is tender blend until smooth and add soy milk and kale.
- Return to simmer.
- Cut whole wheat baguette into 6 pieces – toast and garnish soup
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 22g
Dietary Fiber: 2g