A soup dish that will keep you fuller, longer.
- 4 Corn Tortillas Sliced into thin strips
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1 Qt Chicken Stock Low sodium
- 4 Oz Green Chilies Diced
- 14.5 Oz Tomatoes Diced; Reduced sodium
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Chicken Cooked
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded
- Lime Wedges
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat tortilla strips with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet. Roast in oven about 15 minutes, tossing the strips every 5 minutes, until golden brown and crisped.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add in onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in broth, tomatoes, and chilies. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with tortilla strips, avocado, cheese, lime wedges, and sour cream.
Total Fat: 34g
Saturated Fat: 12.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 33g
Dietary Fiber: 9g