Removing the jalapeno seeds and pith really cuts down on the spiciness. Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, or corn chips.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef Lean
- 1 Onion Meium-sized; Diced
- 1 Green Pepper Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- Dry Onion Soup Mix 1/2 Envelope
- 5 tsp Chili Powder
- 14.5 oz Canned Tomatoes Diced
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce Low Sodium
- 15 oz Kidney Beans Canned; Drained and Rinsed
- 15 oz Pinto Beans Canned; Drained and Rinsed
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers Seeded; Minced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Heat oil in large soup pot. Cook beef until no longer pink.
- Add in onions, green pepper, and garlic. Cook until softened - about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2.5 hours.
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 63g
Dietary Fiber: 13g