Curry Squash Soup with Poblano Peppers & Kale
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 7 sprigs sage chopped
- 2 shallots peeled
- 1 oz garlic chopped
- 4 oz poblano peppers chopped
- ½ medium curry squash peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 Tb red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 qt low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 cup kale washed and chopped
- 1 small whole wheat baguette
Heat olive oil in a gallon soup pot. Add sage, shallots, garlic and poblano peppers. Cook herbs and vegetables until caramelized.
Add in curry squash and red curry paste.
Add in vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper. When mixture is tender blend until smooth and add soy milk and kale.
Return to simmer.
Cut whole wheat baguette into 6 pieces – toast and garnish soup
- Total Fat:
- Saturated Fat:
- Total Carbohydrate:
- Dietary Fiber: