Roasted Pumpkin Soup
A super creamy yet healthy pumpkin soup recipe. Gently spiced to highlight the wonderful pumpkin flavor. Packed with protein and calories
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Celery Diced
- 1/4 Cup Carrots Diced
- 1 Cinnamon Stick OR 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander Optional
- 1.5 Cups Roasted Pumpkin Pureed
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup Light Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce Low sodium
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger Minced Finely
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Optional
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add the onion, celery, carrot, ginger and cinnamon. Sautee until soft (but not brown), about 10 minutes.
Add chicken broth and coriander and bring to a boil.
Simmer for several minutes.
Stir in the pureed pumpkin until smooth.
Simmer gently to let the flavors meld, about 10 minutes.
If using a cinnamon stick, remove from soup and discard.
Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
Add half and half, coconut milk and soy sauce and stir until completely incorporated. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
For the garnish, top with Greek yogurt and roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Total Fat:
- Saturated Fat:
- Total Carbohydrate:
- Dietary Fiber: